Position: Fundraising Events Co-ordinator
Reports to: Co-Founder and Executive Director
The Foundation’s mission is to make cancer less frightening by enlightening and our aim is to live in a world free from the fear of cancer.
Today, the Marie Keating Foundation is one of the leading voices in Ireland for cancer prevention, awareness and support. We are committed to being there for people diagnosed with cancer, and their families at every step of their cancer journey, and our services reflect that. Through our information and support services, we reach thousands of people a year, giving education, information and advice focused on cancer prevention and early detection, as well as providing support services and financial assistance to those living with and beyond cancer.
The Marie Keating Foundation is engaged in fundraising in order to fund its cancer awareness and support services and in addition to Corporate Sponsorship and Individual Giving, Fundraising Events are a key element of our fundraising mix. Our Fundraising Strategy sets out our ambitions to grow our income by organising engaging fundraising events and by further developing Community and Third party fundraising opportunities and you will play a key role in supporting the achievement of these goals.
You will report to our Co-Founder and Executive Director and from time to time work with other members of the Fundraising/Individual Giving and Communications teams.
The Marie Keating Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and creative Fundraising and Events Co-ordinator. This role is very hands on and covers a range of activities – one day you might be helping to organise one of the Foundation’s own events or challenges; another day you might be supporting a fundraising event held by one of our charity partners or supporters; entering supporter data into our CRM system; fulfilling online shop orders; sending out receipts to donors; etc.
Role Type: Full time or Part-time (or Flexible/ part-time though key events would have to be covered) You will be required to work on some weekends / evenings or after hours events.
Location: The Foundation’s office is at Millbank Business Park Lucan but some working from home would be possible. Travel to and from events locations would be expected.
Salary: €25,000-€30,000 pro rata, depending on experience
This role represents a great opportunity for a well organised individual who wishes to join a growing and dynamic young team at a caring, kind, tightly knit charity.
The primary function of the role is to support the Foundation’s Fundraising events and administrative duties, reporting directly to the Co-Founder and Executive Director but working with the wider fundraising and communications services teams across the organisation.
The main responsibilities include:
– Responsible for developing and supporting fundraising and community events and all aspects of fundraising administration,
- Support the Co-Founder and Executive Director by providing planning and logistical support for fundraising events operated by the Marie Keating Foundation throughout the year.
– Take responsibility for the administration of the Foundation’s online shop and online fundraising platforms utilised by community and corporate fundraising partners.
- Providing support for Community fundraising activities, providing guidance and support for individuals and groups seeking to raise funds for the Marie Keating Foundation
- Updating of CRM system (MS Dynamics) and provision of timely reports to assist with monthly reporting and annual audit processes.
- Assisting the Co-Founder and Executive Director and other fundraising personnel in (a) responding to fundraising opportunities that arise (b) preparation of proposals in relation to new op
- Assist in the communication of the Foundation’s fundraising events to partners and previous event participants to maximise event participation.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good IT and admin skills, including proficiency with the MS Office suite (e.g. PPT; Excel; Adobe; ability to do mail merges etc.) and experience of CRM platforms is desireable
- Ability to be proactive and work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team, with an open and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work out of hours e.g. at weekend/ evening events
- An understanding and empathy for the mission and work of the Marie Keating Foundation
– Previous experience in a Fundraising, Events or Administrative role would be an advantage,
-Full driving license would be an advantage
Applicants who are keen to join the Marie Keating Foundation’s team to help us to continue to be there for people impacted by cancer should send a short cover letter along with their CV to [email protected]